Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours 2
The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours are an incredible opportunity to explore the magical mountain tops of the mighty Himalayas, the worlds highest range of mountains. Very few get to experience The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours and definitely arn’t for the faint- hearted. Be prepared for unpredictable roads and erratic temperatures. Yet these pale into insignificance when witnessing the breathtaking views from a natural wonder of the world. From yellow-bellied marmots to serenely soaring golden eagles, every sight is as remarkable as the next. On the The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours, adventurers are spoilt with breathtaking lunar-like scenery, stunning high altitude lakes and a ride over one of the highest deserts in the world.
The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours powers over some of the highest motorable passes on the planet and a stop in Parvati Valley promises an extra dose of adventure – white water rafting on the Beas River.
Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours 2 Highlights
· The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours 2 has additional nights spent camping and takes a slightly different route then the The Mighty Himalayan Motorcycle Tours 1, visiting 2 more spectacular high altitude lakes. The route is also more off the usual tour route of Ladakh, and takes you to places which witnesses many less visitors.
· Tour on the Royal Enfield Bullet 500; the best suited bike for Himalayan Motorbike Tours.
· A true adventure of a lifetime, ride across some of the most spectacular motorbiking terrain the world has to offer.
· Only 10 bikes per tour for an extremely personalized and hassle free riding experience on the Himalayan Motorbike Tours.
· High Client:Staff ratio of 1:1. We boast of the highest client:staff ratio among motorbike tour operators in the himalayas; ensuring extremely high attention to detail.
· Ride some of the worlds highest motorable roads and over extremely high mountain passes, including Khardung La (5602 m, 18380 ft) and Chang La (5,360 m, 17600 ft).
· Visit some of the worlds oldest monasteries and be immersed in the Indo-Tibetian culture of a rugged but gentle Buddhist culture of a charming and endearing mountain people on the Himalayan Motorbike Tours.
· You don’t pay for anything once you arrive (except items personal in nature, alcohol.) Your fuel, meals, accommodation, transfers are all included in the cost on the Himalayan Motorbike Tours.
Approx. 6 – 8 hours riding per day
CLICK HERE FOR FULL ITINERARY
Day 1 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Delhi
Land in Delhi and pick up from airport by an Extreme Bike Tour Director and taken to a luxury hotel. We have a luxury car and driver on standby should anyone wish to visit any tourist attractions in the capital.
Day 2 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Delhi – Leh
By plane (1.30 hrs) pick up from airport to hotel and start acclimatising to the 3,500m altitude. Once check in has been done an introduction to the 500cc Bullet will take place. (15 km)
Day 3 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Leh
Last minute shopping and acclimatising in Leh. We will be having a short ride today to get the hang of your 500cc Bullet. (30 km)
Day 4 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Leh – Alchi Monastery
A ride to Alchi Monastery is on today’s agenda. The beautiful and serene Alchi monastry is one of the oldest surviving monasteries in the world and makes for a fantastic visit. This is a beautiful full day ride through valleys, on great roads and through some stunning rural Ladakh life and scenery. (120 km)
Day 5 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: The big one! Leh – Nubra Valley
Over the highest motor able road in the world*, Khardung La (18,380 ft) and into Nubra Valley. We will be surrounded by towering snow capped Himalayas and will be getting within 50 km of the Chinese border. Rare two humped Camels can be found here in the Desert at 12,400 ft. (100 km)
Day 6 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Nubra – Pong Gong Lake
Over the newly opened Wari La pass towards the Chinese Border. Good roads lead us to the lake. Half the lake is in India and the other half is in China. Camping in our tents. (150 km)
Day 7 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Pong Gong Lake – Hemis Monastery
Over Chang La, at 17,355 ft it is one of the world’s highest motor able passes, we then head towards the temple village of Hemis to visit the monastery and camp in the grounds. (150 km)
Day 8 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Hemis – Tso Moriri Lake
After a good nights sleep in the Monasteries grounds we then head down the Indus valley following the river. Good tarmac roads take us most of the way till we get near the stunning Tso – Moriri La for a nights camping near this amazing high altitude lake. (120 km)
Day 9 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Tso Moriri – Tso Kar
After a good nights sleep and a lie in, we have a very relaxed day riding the short distance between the lakes, allowing some time also for our mechanics to check the bikes again before we head over the Himalayas towards Himachal Pradesh. (50 km)
Day 10 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Tso Kar La – Sarchu
After leaving Tso Kar La we head down some winding roads onto the Mori Plains, a desert set at high altitude. This is a great place to open up your Bullet a little, surrounded by snow-capped peaks. After Lunch near Pang we head up Lachlung La (16,617 ft) before winding back down the pass and to our camping spot for the night near Sarchu (13,779 ft). (120 km)
Day 11 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Sarchu – Keylong
From Sarchu we head over Baralacha la (16,617 ft) to Keylong for a nights stay in a guesthouse. The roads over this pass are pretty good and the beautiful valley below pans out as you wind you way back down to the valley floor. (90 km)
Day 12 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Keylong – Manali
We head over the final pass today, the Rohtang Pass (12,762 ft), and check into our hotel in Manali for a good night sleep and a cocktail or two. (100 km)
Day 13 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Manali
A day to relax, go shopping and get used to being back in some sort of normality. The Mall in Manali is famous for its shops and carnival feel. We catch a luxury night bus back to Delhi.
Day 14 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Delhi
We check into a luxury hotel for a day of relaxation and shopping.
Day 15 of The Mighty Himalayan Motorbike Tours: Delhi
Onward journey/Flights home.